-Ambient sounds.
-Spot sound effects.
-Dialogue sounds.
-Music sounds.
For ambient sounds I will include some atmospheric noises such as weather changes and foot steps as they are both frequent and key for the mood.
For spot sound effects i will need such sounds as the door chin being pulled, bell ringing, lock being turned, opening and closing of a door.
Dialogue sounds i will have is Dracula welcoming the viewer. "Welcome to the castle".
To get the sounds i will either use sites such as www.freesounds.org inorder to download certain sounds such as thunder and wind.
i will also need to record some sounds such as speech.
I need these sounds:
- Storm weather then thunder.
- Walking on gravel.
- Chain and then bell ring.
- Foot steps indoors gradually getting louder.
- Door opening
- Dracula speech.
- Thunder.
- Door closes.
- Fade out weather.
I must also look at what type of noises are already being used in horror movies in that time as well as modern times...
key featured sounds that would appeal to the audience of horror movie fans:]
-rustling of trees (great for setting the scene)
- creeking of floorboards (helps the audience to feel more on edge)
- symphonic style of music eg. from the original horror movie link found below.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4icPTcQZacE
I started by finding the files listed above on a copyright free site. Here i was able to find majority of the sound clips barring Dracula which i recorded from a peer. I then imported all the sound files into Adobe Audition.
After the importation i began moving the files in the correct order of the script. After so that the sounds would sound realistic i faded in the beginning and end of some so that the sounds were not sudden and sharp. I did this by adding keys to the audio file and creating a gradient at both ends.
I found it was easier to keep track of my sounds my using a multi-track on Audition and naming each individual part. This helped the understanding of where parts of the audio should be.
For the weather i morphed the storm and thunder together to give a feeling of sudden bang from the lightning. this is created as the audio for the storm is lowered first.
I moved all files into place and checked they fitted the script as this is what was set by the client. I also added a pitch change to the voice of Dracula so that it seemed deeper. this was performed in audacity where i highlighted the track and selected generate and pitch.
Next i clicked Multi-track and mix-down session to new file and entire session. This then enabled me to see the over all audio tracks together in one single audio track.
This is all the tracks as one here i gave it one final look over before exporting.
when exporting i first gave it a file name and selected the destination folder. I formatted it as a .wav file as this is a much higher quality. Now the audio is ready for the video.









No comments:
Post a Comment